Updated 1st March 2021
Eyecare at Eyeworks during the COVID-19 outbreak
We’re open under our ‘locked door’ policy for sight tests, contact lens check ups, spectacle and contact lens collection or spectacle adjustment/repair.
Our practice day to day running and your experience as a customer whilst in Eyeworks will be a little different during this time, but we will try to make it as relaxed and easy as possible.
Temporary April 2021 Covid-19 Opening Times
- Monday: 10am– 2pm (phone calls only)
- Tuesday: 9am-5pm
- Wednesday: 9am-5pm
- Thursday: 9am-5pm
- Friday: 9am-5pm
- Saturday: 9am-5pm
- Sunday: Closed
- We will arrange appointments to allow for social distancing
- Longer appointment times will give time to deep clean between patients
- Patients will be triaged so that for now, only essential and urgent eyecare can be booked
- We are running a ‘locked door’ policy so appointments must be booked in advance for every visit including spectacle collections, repairs, adjustments, spectacle frame dispenses and contact lens collections.
- Please attend appointments on your own where possible(customers are limited to 2 at a time)
- If you feel unwell on the day of your appointment please cancel and rebook once you are sure you are not carrying coronavirus
- Our staff will call you the day before your appointment to complete a pre-appointment screening form
At the practice
- On arrival, please use the hand sanitiser
- The waiting area is now at the front of the shop and the magazines have been removed
- Communal spaces will be clearly marked out to keep 2m distancing where possible
- All staff will be wearing PPE and there will be clear germ guards on some of the testing equipment
- Our Optometrist will take your history and symptoms before taking you in to the consulting room
- You will be asked to wear a face mask where a 2m distance cannot be maintained
- The eye test has been adapted and some routine procedures may be omitted to reduce contact time
- Where possible we will ask you to pay using contactless methods or over the phone
- The consulting room and shop area will be disinfected between every patient, before practice opening and at the end of the day to include desk surfaces, chairs, pdq machine, handles, reading charts, phones etc
- Hand sanitiser is available throughout the practice
- Display frames that have been tried on will be kept aside in a tray and will be thoroughly sanitised before returning to stock
Essential NHS eyecare
New updates and guidance are emerging almost weekly and while we are not yet able to offer routine NHS sight tests, we are still able to deliver essential and urgent NHS eyecare. If you fall in to one of the following categories, please call us or email us to arrange an appointment.
- You have noticed a minor reduction in your vision
- You have broken spectacles and have been making-do with older specs and an out of date prescription
- You are concerned about your vision
We have been working hard to re examine the patient pathway and patient safety. We are confident to confirm that we comply with government guidance.
Get in touch
Thank you for your understanding. We’ve missed you all and we’re looking forward to seeing you again! If you have any questions, please call the number below for more information, or send us a message.
You can make appointments for private routine sight tests, NHS essential and emergency eyecare from Tuesday 23rd June. Normal opening times from Tuesday 30th June. Closed on Mondays.